Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Night of Art,Spoken Word, and Hip Hop!

Last night Asia and I took a ride to Newark to support our home girl Physical Graffiti. She was performing at the Coffee Cave in Newark for the JLA Art Show. Upon arriving at the Coffee Cave I had this feeling it was going to be a great night because I didn't know what to expect! I didn't know who was performing except for Physical Graffiti. The first act up was an emcee by the name of Enigma, during his intro he stated he was about to go to Panama to teach English as a second language for a year, which I think is pretty dope to say the least. The second performer of the night was another emcee named Venomous The Ultra Emcee and he was backed up by the infamous DJ/Producer DJ Priority, who he made do live cuts on his records, another set that I truly enjoyed. The next set was Uninvited who captivated the crowd with his brand of spoken word. Now onto one my favorite sets of the night was by a singer named M.Josephine who you could tell was singing from the SOUL! The beautiful part about her set was not only was her voice incredible but her husband DJ Irs was Djaying her whole set with their child in arms, that right there is grind and dedication! The set after M.Josephine was by Spoken Word Poet Godsent who ripped it along with the host Jennifer. One of the craziest parts of the evening was a surprise performance by one of NJ's best breakdance crews NBK who I've known for a little while now and of course they didn't disappoint! Now onto my favorite set of the whole evening was by none other then Physical Graffiti. She performed 2 songs I never heard before and she didn't disappoint, mind you the last time I saw Physical Graffiti perform we were on stage and I was playing the hypeman! Before I end this blog I have to say all the art was incredibly creative and beautiful but my favorite pieces were done by an artist by the name of Jorge Del Frisco. The evening was great and the atmosphere was humble and beautiful I wouldn't count on this being the last JLA event I attend!! Check out the photos below














































2 comments:

  1. Great Post brotha i appreciate the support and you recapped the night pretty good especially since i missed the beginning you brought me up to speed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DOPE! THANKS FOR HAVING ME COME THROUGH
    www.Venomous2000.com
    ROCK ON!

    ReplyDelete