Monday, December 20, 2010

Brand Of The Week: Branded Baron


 I was introduced to the brand Branded Baron during my tenure at this radio station I once worked for, during an all day Twitter grind. Through Twitter and text messages I built with owner Joe Baron and met on Grove Street in Jersey City one summer day. Joe had a stand at a summer fare being held there and I stopped by chopped it up and was Branded Baron when I purchased my Space can tee. Branded Baron isn't a run of the mill "Street Wear" brand, definitely in a lane of its own. Their Fall/Winter just dropped and is definitely worth a purchase. Check out why Branded Baron is this weeks Brand of The Week!



 Crak:What's the story behind the name of your brand Branded Baron? 

Branded Baron: The story started long ago in a galaxy far far away on a rainy night and there was a being that predicted in the hidden scriptures of a clothing line that shall be called Branded Baron. Ok let me get serious. I wanted to create a brand that represented my interests in music, art, and fashion. I wanted to cool designs mixed with well thought out concepts that at the same time very stylish or how I like to call it "stunningly fresh". So mix a baron, who was a regal member who spoke for the people and my last name "Baron" you get a quality brand that is for people. Branded Baron

Crak: What sparked the idea to start Branded Baron?
BB: I've always been drawing, since I was 5 years old and I continued working on my talent. When I was in high school I had a drawing of mine printed on one of the sports teams shirts. In college, I was studying graphic design and I began getting into graphic tees a lot, so I started working on my own stuff. I've hosted open mics and would always create a t-shirt for that event that would be given away. I've had people tell me that I could sell them, which I thought was cool, but never thought about putting it together. After I graduated I worked with a colleague who had her own line, which pushed me to create more designs. I started doing my research and putting designs together, because I was definitely thinking about selling my own work. Once, I ended up working at a screenprinting shop, I had the most knowledge and decided the time was ready to release my work. I saw what was out there and knew that I could compete with the best of them and do better, since I felt my designs were ten times and then some nicer than what people were eating up.

Crak: What separates Branded Baron apart from every other clothing line out there?
BB: Well first, the designs have some meaning or concept behind it. Yea, I want everyone to rock something hot, but at the same time I want some depth in them. Plus, there's a design that is suited for everyone. T-shirts or sweatshirts are great for representing who you are and there is a variety of quality stuff. I also try to make sure that what is released is positive and you'll see that with any shirt that has a phrase on it. Another thing I'm proud of, is I want to take care of the customer. I want to be able to hook you up with some extras. Yea, you get the shirt, but it wouldn't be enough if you didn't get that something extra that can help make your experience better. I want you to remember Branded Baron as a good experience. You order your shirt or get it from me at a show and BAM, a little goodie ended up your way.

Crak: What type of people you find most wear Branded Baron? 
BB: A lot of people who are into hip hop, skaters, and streetwear dig it the most, but like I said we attract everyone. I have shirts for the sneakerheads, tattoo lovers, mma fans, a socccer mom, and what have you. People definitely want to stay fresh love it. 

Crak: Which of your designs is most popular?  
BB: The most popular are the "Astrohop" designs and the "Listen To Your Heart". A lot of people really like those. I always had female shirts for the "Listen to your heart" design, but with the latest release the ladies can pick up a female cut tee for the "Astrohop" design.

Crak: What is the inspiration behind your designs? 
BB: It depends on the concept. I had Latin phrases that would help spark a design. Music is a big inspiration. Other artists can help inspire. My female designer has a painting at her place that I thought would be awesome to have printed and it turned out to be the female tank top. I've been called "Red Baron" before and I knew I had to design that tee. I'm not into t-shirts representing where they're from, but I've always been interested in the legend of the Jersey Devil and thought that design could be cool and figured it can be a homage to all those from NJ. The universe is another wonderful source of inspiration. Inspiration just comes out of nowhere sometimes. I have a list of designs that I want to create, so who knows what will come out next. 

Crak: Do you find it more difficult to design clothing for Men or Women? 
BB:  Women are definitely harder. Women have very eccentric styles and not everyone are into the t-shirts. I almost decided to not release anymore female shirts, until I had people tell me that they wanted more. I'm just a lot more selective of which design will be for the females. Guys love t-shirts and sweatshirts, it's just all about do you fit their personal taste.

Crak: What could we expect from Branded Baron in the seasons to come?
BB: Definitely more hot designs. I'm definitely interested in what people would like us to create. Some suggestions may fit and or not, but you never know. I do know that they'll be limited, so buy it when it's out. There are some designs in stock that certain sizes are gone and won't be reprinted. 

Crak: Where could my readers find Branded Baron? 
BB: Http://www.brandedbaron.com/ That's the main site and you can view the blog from there. There's twitter.com/brandedbaron Follow and tweet. We do have a facebook page that you could like and be a part of. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Branded-Baron-Apparel/174106230405 You can see many people that belong to "The Branded"(those who have a Branded Baron shirt) 

Crak: Where do you see Branded Baron in 5 years? 
BB:  I'm expecting to be bigger and have a better national and global position. I see some cut-n-sew designs. There are goodies planned and it's all a matter of timing, so check us out. http://www.brandedbaron.com/

20% discount if you use the CODE:Fresh on http://www.BrandedBaron.Com !
IT'S CRAK
 

No comments:

Post a Comment